No ad details found.
- Listed: May 13, 2009 8:42 am
Country clubs rich in history and tradition in Mercer County, N.J.
Amid lush green hills and luxuriant trees, Mercer County, N.J., is the ideal setting for golf. Several private country clubs were built in this historic area where George Washington once fought British forces. This county is also home to Princeton University.
One of the state’s top private golf courses is here — the TPC Jasna Polana, designed by Gary Player. Tall trees frame fairways sprinkled with lakes and ponds on a 230-acre estate that was the country home of the late J. Seward Johnson of Johnson & Johnson. After his death, his wife built a country club here. PGA Tour Golf Properties manages the facility.
Other great country clubs in Mercer County
– Greenacres Country Club with a parkland course is minutes from Princeton and close to Bucks County, Penn.
– Peaceful farms surround Hopewell Valley Golf Club. Its historic course was designed by architect Thomas Winton in the tradition of great Scottish courses.
– Springdale Golf Club is nestled among the buildings of Princeton University. Founded in 1895, this club is one of the oldest in New Jersey.
– Trenton Country Club’s scenic course has great conditioning and fast greens. A recent restoration project for the 19th century-era course has revived the style of the fairways.